Discover the Aberdeen Family - a supportive student community made up of over 130 nationalities, so you can feel at home no matter where you’re from.
Join the Aberdeen Family
One of the benefits of studying at Aberdeen is being part of the Aberdeen Family. The Aberdeen Family is a welcoming and supportive network of staff and students from all over the world. Here, you will be able to embrace Scotland's unique heritage whilst also exploring the multicultural atmosphere of the city and University.
Scottish culture in an international atmosphere
With students from more than 130 nations represented on campus, the University of Aberdeen is a truly multicultural place to be a student. Scotland may be famous for its iconic heritage — but alongside the tartan, bagpipes and highland cows, you will benefit from international cuisine, music and friendships.
Aberdeen boasts impressive facilities both inside and outside of the classroom. No matter your choice of subject, you’re destined to benefit from some of the multimillion pound investments made into study and research at the University:
- Bloomberg Terminal - helping business students gain real-world experience in financial trading.
- Sir Duncan Rice Library - home to seven floors of books on everything from the arts and humanities to science, as well as a gallery, 1,200 study spaces, and a break room with panoramic views of the city. The building itself has won many architectural awards and is made from more than 22,000 tonnes of concrete and 760 glass panels.
- Home to one of the largest health campuses in Europe.
- Aberdeen Sports Village - Olympic-standard sports facilities open to International Study Centre students from day one.
- Science Teaching Hub, opened in 2022, has been designed around the provision of specialist teaching, training and learning for students across a number of disciplines including chemistry, medical sciences, biological sciences and geosciences.
Ranked 12th in the world, 6th in the UK and 1st in Scotland for international outlook
(Times Higher Education World Rankings 2024)
Sir Duncan Rice Library named one of the most beautiful in the world
(CEOWORLD Magazine 2016)
120+ clubs and societies, and 50+ sports clubs so you can keep growing and learning outside of the classroom
Old Aberdeen campus
Become a Student Ambassador
We have an exciting opportunity available at the International Study Centre to develop your social media skills and contribute to our social channels!
Get involved in taking over our social media, writing fun blogs, hosting Q&A sessions, shining bright at events, starring in our marketing materials, sharing your daily activities, and creating engaging content through photos and videos.
Of course, this would also be an impressive experience worth adding to your CV. Once your Student Ambassador role comes to a finish, you will receive a LinkedIn recommendation from us based on your performance.
“Choosing to apply to the student ambassador position was way out of my comfort zone, I can just be honest about that. But I'm grateful for the opportunity and it made me get more skills and apply them in my daily life. It made me more open to speaking to different people and getting different perspectives from other ambassadors” – Awrad, a previous Student Ambassador
Societies are a great way to make new friends when you are a new student here and I have made many friends through those societies. It's a great social environment and a vibrant student body over here."
Israr from Pakistan
Our extensive programme offerings will help you to find the best pathway for you. Whether you want to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, or have a passion for science, engineering or business, there is a pathway for you.
How to apply
Ready to join us at the International Study Centre? Learn more about the application process and what you need before you arrive.