Prepare for Success
Your free online preparation course
Improve your academic expectations, skills and readiness on our free online preparation course – ahead of starting your academic programme. This online course is designed to provide you with practical advice, guidance and support, so that you are ready to succeed from day one of your academic programme.
Why study Prepare for Success?
This specialist course is designed to empower you, as an international student, with the confidence, skills, and knowledge needed to thrive academically and culturally in your new environment.
You’ll benefit from:
- Developing life skills to help boost personal and social confidence ahead of arriving in your new study destination
- Practical advice about life in your new study destination
- Understanding what it takes to become a successful learner with practical advice about academic study.
What will I learn on the course?
The Prepare for Success online preparation course will prepare you for your academic studies by focussing on three essential areas:
- Life, learn more about intercultural skills, your study destination, and preparing for life and study in the UK
- Language, improve your English through language and skills modules, all with interactive activities to practise your learning along the way
- Learning, to develop confidence as a learner, and understand what it takes to become successful.
How to access Prepare for Success
Getting started with your Prepare for Success course is easy. To access this course, all you need to do is confirm your place with us and begin paying towards your tuition fees.
1. Confirm your place
It’s important that you confirm your place on your academic programme in order to gain access to the preparation course. To secure your place, you will need to pay a confirmation payment made up of £1,000 security deposit and £260 administration fee.
2. Make your advance tuition fees payment and get your CAS
You will need to pay your advanced tuition fees as stated in your offer letter and receive your CAS so you can access this online preparation course. Find out more about your confirmation payment and tuition fees on our fees page.
3. Start studying
After you have confirmed your place and paid your advanced tuition fees, you will receive further instructions about how to access the course from our Central Student Support team.